Wednesday, March 25, 2015

March 25: A Subtle God?

Sometimes I feel that God gives us little whispers of guidance, but other times it seems he has put up cones and caution tape and signs to guide us in the right direction. Today had one of those "DETOUR =>" events.

Several times today I got caught up in thinking about an upcoming sleepover with my confirmation group from this past fall. All the girls had RSVPed but one, and I knew I needed to check back in. Tonight, at church, I saw her mom across the room, but wasn't confident that it was her, so I walked away from the opportunity. I stopped by the bathroom on my way out, so as I was leaving the building I happened to bump into her. We stopped and talked not only about the sleepover but also the reality of sex trafficking (the topic of our meeting at church) in the area and our blessings of being safe. It was a meaningful conversation and I have confidence that it did not happen by accident. It was unavoidable because of God's perfect guidance and plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment