There's a lot of stuff I could say about today. I witnessed a lot of growing up--I volunteered at a nursing home this morning which opened my eyes to situations of people in the last decades of their lives; I sang at our girls' choir concert where girls ranging from 8 years old to 30 years old created beautiful harmonies. But today wasn't about growing up; it was about how to view life...a single moment in life.
One of the ladies at the nursing home explained to me that the $3 she had saved up in quarters had been stolen from her drawer recently, so she was going to use the quarters she just got quickly. I apologized to her, but she explained that she wasn't angry because whoever it was that took the money probably didn't understand what they were doing. She said that there was no reason for her to be angry because God had blessed her with a long life, and she was thankful.
A combination of that story and a discussion with one of my friends got me to thinking about each moment of life. There's no reason to be angry or upset because we are so blessed to be living today in knowledge that God loves us and is with us always.
No comments:
Post a Comment