Thursday, March 19, 2015

March 19: Beyond the Smile--Talk

Today I took the step beyond a smile, and I realized how important it is to get to know people and their thoughts. Today, Erin said only one thing about how she determines if a college is "good," and I realized that I really didn't know her. I could tell you her name and that she wants a college that has a variety of majors. Meanwhile, I had a conversation with a newer student in my Spanish class. He's been in the class for 9 weeks, and today we were discussing the effects of smart phones in class. Even though we were speaking in Spanish, we were still able to communicate that many of our ideas were similar, etc.

Most importantly, I've realized that there are many people in my life that I know very little about. It's time to reach out and become friends rather than peers.

No comments:

Post a Comment