Every Wednesday, the Flood leadership team at my school meets to pray and discuss future events and planning for Flood. Usually we pray for a minute, gossip for 30 minutes, and pray/discuss Flood for 5 minutes. This week, I decided we needed to change that by bringing Jesus with me...literally.
My idea was that I'd ask my fellow leaders, "Is it ok if one of my spiritual leaders comes with me?" Assuming that they say yes, I'd come in to the meeting, pull up an extra chair and explain that he would be in after finishing a phone call. Then, when the time was right, I'd pull out my printed out face of Jesus and tape him to the chair. Well, I did something like this, and the point was made, and we actually had a very productive evening of planning and praying.
Although in the end it worked out, Jesus almost didn't make it, literally and figuratively.
I printed Him out last night, and slid the paper into my laptop. When I loaded my backpack this morning, the paper was loose, between some notebooks. During the day, I took out the notebooks and put them back, and the page was getting crumpled, so during calculus, I placed Him in my big binder for protection. When I arrived to my meeting tonight, I couldn't remember where I put Him, and then it hit me. I'd lost Jesus in calculus! (actually, in the calculus section of my notebook). I'd also spiritually lost Jesus in calculus; I was tired and overly sarcastic during class, and I probably wasn't "shining in Jesus's love".
It's occurred to me that when we try to protect Jesus, to keep Him from getting crumpled, ripped, or misplaced, he becomes an inactive part of our lives. Don't be afraid to put your Jesus at risk. God's got your back, and He's never been defeated before.
No comments:
Post a Comment