Tuesday, March 24, 2015

March 24: Using Every Moment

I woke up today at 5:56. My alarm was set for 6:08. I had another 12 minutes I could spend in bed, and that's what I did...until 6:37. I walked in to retake a test at 7:33. I finished at 8:23...3 minutes after I was supposed to be in class. My first class consisted of a discussion about our current 20-time projects for which we spend 20% of our time (every Friday) working on a project that is unrelated to the subject. The discussion was basically our teacher ranting about how few people were taking this seriously and us students arguing that it has provided us with many benefits. After that class, I continued on to my healthcare class where I found out that one of our regular visitors, who we just saw yesterday, was going in for a very risky but necessary surgery on Thursday, so we may not see him again or have another opportunity to thank him. Class ended at 9:28.

In less than 4 hours, I'd had 4 experiences in which I had to consider my use of time: should I sleep for another 12 minutes? should I skip this problem to finish the easier ones? have I dedicated enough time to my project? have I used the time I've spent with this man wisely? It's all about time. Our society is dependent on time. Is God? Quite honestly, I have no clue, but it's an interesting thought. If God is all powerful and in control of everything, then time is no limitation. Knowing that, if we dedicate our time to Him, have we taken away time from other tasks? And,  on another hand, when we lift requests up to God, does timeliness affect our reception of God's response?

No comments:

Post a Comment