The song continues, "for, it won't be long 'til I'm gonna need somebody to lean on." We have those days where we need someone to carry us, though we also carry them sometimes. I witnessed this balance today, and learned about where I need to improve this balance, in my friendships and in my relationship with God because it's similar with Him. God will always be there to sustain us, but we should also use all he has given us to serve Him.
Monday, March 23, 2015
March 23: Give One, Get One
You know the song "Lean on Me"? It talks about a relationship between friends saying "lean on me when you're not strong, and I'll be your friend, I'll help you carry on..." Today, I was given a speaking topic on which I had to talk for one minute. My topic was "define FRIEND." I began by saying that a friend is someone who puts you ahead of himself/herself, but cares so much for you that he/she will not let you become self absorbed by constantly receiving but will also provide opportunities to give back so that you become a well-rounded person and good friend as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment