Tuesday, March 17, 2015

March 17: Just Smile

I was on a bike ride today and realized that my facial expressions were probably not the most pleasing to the eye. So, I decided that for the rest of the bike ride, I would smile--like a teeth showing smile. Not only did I bike faster than I have before, but I also enjoy it a lot more. Just raising my cheeks, squinting my eyes, and opening my mouth made a world of difference. Maybe it was that, or maybe it was because I was focusing on smiling, so my legs were just doing the work and I wasn't thinking about it. I don't know.

What I do know is that when we look towards to positive, when we raise our cheeks, squint our eyes, and raise our eye brows, in a negative circumstance, it seems harder to be angry or worried or frustrated. Try it. All that to say, today I learned that a simple change in thought and appearance can make a big difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment