Sunday, August 9, 2015

August 7-9: Christian Fellowship

Have you ever experienced true joy? It defies all description; though to me, it feels like I'm an unopened bottle of soda with the perfect amount of fizz built up inside, ready to be opened to bring enjoyment another. And no amount of sadness or worry or fear can disrupt this state of being--this is joy. I believe each of us experience joy in different moments, but I have found that I often become joyful when I am with others in the presence of God through worship or Christian fellowship, and now, as I sit writing this, I am filled with joy.

Over the past few days I have been blessed beyond anything I could have asked for. The ActingUp family is amazing. I cannot use words alone to describe what every member means to me. Each person is a thread to a blanket that has been woven through the generous giving of support, encouragement and love. And though this show has ended, the blanket stands strong. A blanket to provide warmth in cold times, comfort in times of pain, and a source of joy in times of sadness. The relationships that have been built are strong. They will not falter. I can trust every person there, and I know that no matter where I go (if I go) in the next years, they will welcome me home at any time. Thank you God for providing me with yet another example of perfect fellowship--the fellowship that is now the source of my joy, overpowering any sadness from the end of yet another show and inspiring me to be a source of light and love to all those around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment