Sunday, August 23, 2015

August 23: Pay Attention

I gave my "speech" about hospitality this morning. It went pretty well, and it certainly helped me focus on being hospitable. However, just as the day seemed to be coming to an end, like my hospitality responsibilities were over, I found myself having missed a girl who had distanced herself from the activities at youth. So I went over and started talking to her, and by the end of our conversation, I'd gained an understanding of her life story which had certainly not been easy for her. I think it made a difference to her to have someone to talk to, and I can hope that God used me in that way tonight. But he also showed me, again, how easy it is to get caught up in our own activities that we miss an opportunity to serve. I almost missed my chance to talk to her, so I'm going to strive to keep it on my mind (and I hope you will too!) to be on the lookout for ways to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment