Within seconds, the scene became really dark. The wind kicked up. The rain poured (sideways of course). The thunder rumbled.
Pause. There are several ways to react to the situation:
- Call home for a ride and walk to the road.
- Get under shelter and wait it out.
- Pick up the pace and walk home quickly.
- Just outright sprint through the rain, nearly blinded, through the muddy path towards home.
I picked #4. So I called out, "let's go!" to Harmony (her queue to start running), and laughing and cheering, ran home. You may disagree, but I'd call that the best possible way to enjoy a storm. Don't get me wrong, my shoes were soaked and my legs covered with dirt, and I could've fallen or slipped, but I didn't. I accepted the storm as a gift, not a roadblock.
Satan puts obstacles in our paths. If we trust God, he can turn these "obstacles" into playgrounds. If we depend on ourselves, it might appear hopeless. Have faith! Let God make the most of these situations.
No comments:
Post a Comment