Wednesday, August 19, 2015

August 19: Surprise!

Something about random kindness makes it seem even more generous.

This morning, I was able to celebrate my teacher's birthday with her by joining with the leadership team to surprise her with cake and a gift. She was blown away. We decorated her room yesterday, so another birthday celebration was not expected. She was thrilled--it really made her day.

This afternoon, I was working at church when one of the maintenance crew, Mitchell, let me know that he'd found a balloon and set it aside for me. When I found it, I saw that he had added post-it notes to make the balloon read "welcome back" rather than "welcome baby." It was such a random thing, and yet it made my day.

Both of these were little things, simple actions to make someone's day a little better. How can you surprise someone with kindness? Let's be fireworks of kindness, surprising everyone with bursts of beautiful light in a sky that seems too dark without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment