On the radio today, the 29-year-old host was talking about the recent loss of his college friend. He explains that at 29, he doesn't really consider death as a possibility yet--his days don't seem numbered. His talk wasn't about the sadness of losing his friend (who knew the Lord), but rather the realization that life on Earth is limited, and he wouldn't have been ready to stand in the presence of Jesus--there would've been too many "if only I'd"s.
I guess our time here is like a trip; we're only here so long and while we're here, we might as well make the most of everything presented to us. I can't believe I'm saying this, but YOLO (you only live once)! But it's more than just making your life the best it can be; we also have the responsibility of giving others the gift of eternal life. Don't get stuck with the "if only"s; follow and act on God's word.
No comments:
Post a Comment