Tuesday, August 11, 2015
August 11: 525,600 Minutes
Today was the second day of senior year, but really it was the first day of the rest of my life. Many times today I was presented with questions or tasks to prepare me for May, for next August, and even for many years after that. Someone even started playing the "graduation song"..."five hundred, twenty-five thousand, six hundred minutes..." Goodness, people! I can't see that far ahead! I don't even know what's going to happen tomorrow. It's one thing to be prepared, but it's another to worry about details we can't control. Lucky for us, we don't need to control it because we have this awesome Father who can see what will happen tomorrow, next week, next May, next August, even next century. We don't need to worry. We've been asked to live in the moment--to make each minute valuable. Let's take it one minute at a time, not 525,600 at a time! Plus, this year's a leap year--we certainly can't plan that extra 1440 minutes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment