I was walking my dogs today (it seems these posts often start with that clause), and we ran into some trouble. A dog at a nearby house was loose, and he was not the friendliest. Needless to say, my dogs went crazy and their dog was going crazy, but his owner was only a little boy who was absolutely doing the right thing by staying out of the way. The situation was starting to settle as my dogs and I got further away, but a man had driven up, rolled down his window, and asked, "Do you need any help?" I said, "No, thank you," and we continued to pull along away from the dog. The man didn't drive away; he stayed, and offered again, "I can walk with you." Again I repeated, "thank you, but as soon as I get to the stop sign (about 10 ft away), I think we'll be good." We continued to walk, and he stayed right there until my dogs and I had safely crossed the road. Then, he continued on his way.
Have you ever heard the voice of God say, "I can walk with you"? I think my response it usually, "No thank you, I can do it by myself." Is God not good enough? Are we really better by ourselves? I don't think so, and the man today was a reminder that even when we say "no, thank you," God isn't going anywhere until we are safe.
No comments:
Post a Comment