Thursday, April 23, 2015
April 23: What is Worship?
This morning I was talking to one of my friends who is one of the singers on the worship team at her church. She's been talking about this position all year; it's clearly been exciting and enjoyable for her. However, today she spoke of it differently--she is planning on quitting...wait, what? "Why?" I asked, and she responded that it has been taking her focus away from God during worship and putting the focus on her performance. Hmmmm, that's a good point. On the other hand, it is important that she lead others in worship. It comes down to the question of what is more important: focusing on her own worship or bringing others closer to God. I don't think any of us are the proper judge for that question, but here's how I reflect on it: our worship--our songs, actions, words, and thoughts--should be so powerful that it is contagious to all those around us so that they can't do anything but worship our God.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment