The interactions I saw between friends and even strangers today was very encouraging that the community in which I live is a good and friendly place. This was mainly apparent in the evening. At the grocery store, there was a woman looking for yeast, and when she asked the others in the aisle and me, we all responded with an enthusiasm to help. That is what a good community looks like--interrupting your shopping experience to help someone.
Then, I went over to Moes to get dinner, and the employees were all very friendly and welcoming, despite it being close to closing time. I was treated as a friend rather than a customer.
Meanwhile, all this occurred after choir rehearsal during which we rehearsed the song, "It Takes a Village," which filled in the events of the evening that we all need to work together to make the most of what we have. And that's that. We shouldn't be selfish. It's not about you or about me. It's about us, everyone, and striving together to know our Heavenly Father.
No comments:
Post a Comment