It's been a hectic week, and today I had some time to catch up. This morning I was reflecting on an interesting and amusing thought: God sees us bury ourselves in tasks, in goals, and stuff because He has given us the free will to do that, but while watching this, He hurts, wishing that we'd drop it all and run to Him. Shouldn't He be enough? So I started writing--maybe it's a poem or a song--about a person on a journey (that's us).
At the beginning, she carries and empty sack, light and easy to carry. She meets a wealthy man and he gives her a stone saying that by carrying it, she will be rich. Her sack gets a little heavier. Then, she meets a group of girls. They give her many polished jewels and rocks saying that having them will make her popular. Then, she meets and young man, and he gives her a big rock that he claims will make her loved. Eventually, the traveler can't bear the weight, and she falls. (And though I haven't gotten to this part yet,) a final person (Jesus) will come to the struggling traveler and offer to carry that sack, help her to her feet, and walk with her, bringing exactly what she needs in every circumstance.
Jesus is standing ready to take our sacks, but we have to hand them over first.
No comments:
Post a Comment