Thursday, June 25, 2015

June 25: In the Stars

I'm reading this book. I've actually been reading it for a while, but I got to a part today in which the main character, a girl, is going through a hard time, but the words of her father in a letter bring her the perfect comfort. So much so that she says "I kind of wanted someone to rearrange the stars so they spelled out his words. I needed them big and bright, and somewhere I could see them when things felt dark. 'I love you. And I'm so, so proud.'"

After reading this, my thoughts went straight to God, who did make the stars and arrange them just as they are. Do they spell out words in a language I can understand? No. However, the fact that God created the stars just so that some nights I can lie on my back and gawk at their beauty and laugh at the outlandish stories about each of the constellations, tells me all I need to know. He loves me. He loves me (and you!) enough to go to all that work just for my enjoyment. And when things get dark, you know just where to find His message--In the Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment