Saturday, June 20, 2015

June 14-20: Camp

I've been away at church camp for the past week, and because of that I've been blessed to have experienced God for every minute of the past seven days. It's crazy what can happen when you retreat from the world and have time to focus on building relationships with God and with brothers and sisters in Christ.

I watched Him work in many ways:

  • Through mentorships--I was able to be counseled and be a counselor. The impact of being on either and both sides of that is extremely special.
  • Through nature--I've started a leaf ministry; over the course of the week, I found a couple of leaves through which God inspired me with a chunk of wisdom that I was able to share with my campers. 
  • Through laughter--I've laughed a lot, pulling me closer to new and old friends.
  • Through adventure--"Do not fear" is written in the bible in 366 places. That's enough for every day of the year (even leap year!)
  • Through selfless love--the toughest but certainly the most powerful--understanding the sacrifice of loving selflessly while also feeling the impact of being loved undeservingly. God is good, all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment