Monday, May 18, 2015

May 18: Rainbow

I enjoyed the first "summer storm" day of the year today. Basically, the day was filled with downpours and beautiful sunshine! Of course, when the weather is alternating between these two conditions, it is likely that there will be a rainbow, and I was fortunate enough to get to see and experience it.
I was walking my dog around the lake when I noticed the rainbow, and it was a treat to get to watch it for so long. However, as I continued to walk, it eventually disappeared. It was gone, and anyone who hadn't seen it had missed their chance. 
God used a rainbow to signify his promise to never kill off humankind again after Noah's journey on the ark. Every rainbow is a reminder of that promise, that God hasn't given up on us and will never give up on us. If this promise is always true, then why aren't there rainbows everywhere?
For most, if not all, of you reading this, God provides you with food, water, and shelter daily, in fact, you, like me, probably take it for granted. If God provided you with a rainbow everyday, don't you think that that too would be taken for granted. We would be so accustomed to the colors in the sky that it would no longer be a reminder of God's promise. Plus, if everyone sees every rainbow, then there's nothing to talk about; there's no reason to explain to someone the true beauty in the rainbow because it represents God's promise. Lucky for me, not everyone saw this rainbow today, so here's my chance to remind you that God hasn't and will never give up on you.


No comments:

Post a Comment