Saturday, May 16, 2015
May 16: Tangled in the Leash
I was walking my dog today, and she kept getting caught with the leash under her armpit. I'd try to fix it, but she'd keep walking, so I couldn't. Finally, I'd get her to stop, so I could untangle her. Of course, then, just a few minutes later, it happened again, and she still would try to keep walking.
Let's say that God has us on a leash too. Fortunately, he doesn't force us to heel, and it's a pretty long leash. Really, the only point of the leash is so that he can always be with us even when we distance ourselves from him. But we are untrained dogs--we pull, chase after squirrels, and eat some gross things, but he doesn't let go or yank us back. We get tangled in our leashes as a result, and even though we know the walk will be harder or more risky, we keep walking when all he needs from us is for us to stop and let him untangle us. Are you trudging along caught in the leash? I think it's time for all of us to stop and get untangled.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment