Thursday, January 8, 2015

January 8: Sacrifice

All right. God made a clear point to me today. I've been going through the characters of the bible, and today, I continued looking at Abraham. In Genesis 22, I read about the sacrifice that Abraham was willing to make for God. He was willing to kill his one and only, precious son as a sacrifice to God, much in the same way that God later gave Jesus as the ultimate sacrifice. This stuck with me during the day as I pondered to what extent I would be willing to sacrifice my loved ones for God. 

Then, driving home from choir rehearsal, I flipped the radio station to 91.5FM as they were reading this exact scripture with a brief application-to-life at the end. In addition, I have just watched a music video with "church appropriate dance moves" including the "Abraham and Isaac".  (http://vimeo.com/107476647 if you want to watch it) Third time's the charm--I don't think this is any coincidence. In addition, I sympathized for my teacher's grief today as he learned about the sudden death of his mom. Having understood those feelings, I am more able to understand Abraham's suffering at the thought of losing someone so dear to him. God is working in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment