We've all had those rainy days--those days when everything is going wrong and your world seems to fall apart. I passed by this family when I was walking my dogs, and I saw their beautiful child all covered up for protection from the rain, and it occurred to me: God does exactly the same thing with us. He knows we will face the rain, sometimes sprinkles, sometimes downpours, and he surrounds us with protection. His love serves as warmth from the wind that stings our skin, and His strength protects us like a rain jacket (a heavy duty rain jacket with rain boots and even an umbrella). Today, I think about Mary Elizabeth Paris who is suddenly fighting pneumonia in the ICU. She's in a downpour, but God is with her and her family. We will all face the rain, but God will be by our side through all our struggles.
No comments:
Post a Comment