Monday, January 5, 2015

January 5: Street Signs



When I'm driving down the road, I am repeatedly bombarded by street signs: "YIELD", "SLOW", "25MPH", "STOP", "NO U-TURN", "WRONG WAY", and even the occasional  "NO". They make it difficult to keep my eyes on the road in front of me, but at the same time, without them, I may not be prepared for the path before me.

                         
God has set a path in front of each of us. He's given us some directions, but we can't just tune into his voice like a GPS. In addition to understanding the directions, we have to look and listen for his warnings. When the busyness of life is rushing us around, we need to pay attention to the sign that says "SLOW" so we don't crash at the next turn. When we mistake Satan's direction for God's, the "WRONG WAY" sign can save us from a dangerous place. Thank you, God, for the street signs you have placed in my life

No comments:

Post a Comment