Sunday, January 18, 2015

January 18: Children

There's something so precious in children. They're beautifully pure in all they do and say. I have the pleasure of being in the 1st grade Sunday school, helping specifically with a sweet boy, Matthew, but getting to see all of the kids grow physically, mentally, socially, and spiritually. Today, we talked about all the things that God is. Everyone got a turn to fill in the blank "God is _______ (the best, awesome, nice, loving, etc.)." At the end, when the leader said it was time to pray, the kids immediately folded their hands and bowed their heads, but rather than remaining quiet for the adult to lead the prayer, each of them began saying all of the "God is ______"s that we'd just gone over. The leader and I quietly giggled as they finished and we wrapped up the prayer, but that was a beautiful moment that I doubt I'll ever see again. Each kid was so excited to talk to God about all He is. It gives me encouragement to do the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment