Today I had my first traffic accident: a little fender-bender. No injuries and very little damage, but it was still startling, alarming, and nerve-wracking. Amidst waiting for the police and just sitting there, I read the license plate of the other car several times. It was "AYL _ _ _ _". AYL is the name of the church retreat we do every year that happens to be next weekend. Other than a license plate that says "GOD" or "JESUS", that is pretty much the most obvious way for God to tell me, "I am with you. I am here. Trust me." It's hard to release every bit of worry, but it's comforting to know that the God of angel armies is sitting in the car with me.
Friday, January 23, 2015
January 23: He Is There
Today I had my first traffic accident: a little fender-bender. No injuries and very little damage, but it was still startling, alarming, and nerve-wracking. Amidst waiting for the police and just sitting there, I read the license plate of the other car several times. It was "AYL _ _ _ _". AYL is the name of the church retreat we do every year that happens to be next weekend. Other than a license plate that says "GOD" or "JESUS", that is pretty much the most obvious way for God to tell me, "I am with you. I am here. Trust me." It's hard to release every bit of worry, but it's comforting to know that the God of angel armies is sitting in the car with me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment