Monday, September 7, 2015

September 7: A Day Off

I feel like the premise of a day off is to give us a break from the usual schedule and provide us with a day of rest. Today,  I've realized how much time a day is and how beneficial it is to take it off. I understand why God gave the commandment to respect the Sabbath. Imagine if every Sunday was treated as a day off. In a way it is, but it is always expected, it's an entitlement, not a gift, and it isn't appreciated or respected; it's filled up just like any other day. I can't explain the difference between a Sunday and a holiday, but there's a difference in feeling. One feels like a day of rest and one doesn't, and I bet if we treated Sundays as the Sabbath and took time to rest, we'd have time to start fresh each week.

No comments:

Post a Comment