Friday, September 4, 2015

September 3-4: Search for One, Find None

I was encouraging a friend today about her college essay topic. It is recommended to write to point out something that makes you unique, and she claimed not to have anything, but I beg to differ--when I think of her, I think of how she stands out (in a good way). I suggested that she stop thinking about finding an essay topic and just live life a little, keep an open mind, and pay attention to what might be a topic. It led me to realize that when we are looking for one thing, whether that be a specific essay topic or a specific answer to prayer, we blind ourselves from the possibilities surrounding us. This brings me to the idea that when we want God to work in one certain way, we keep ourselves from seeing and appreciating all the other ways He is working. So I'm keeping my mind open.

No comments:

Post a Comment