Wednesday, September 23, 2015
September 22-23: Moving Mountains
Yesterday I watched a bird struggle to escape our garage because it couldn't see an exit beyond the window. It kept jumping and fluttering at the window, and despite my urging it (with a broom) to look beyond the window and fly out, it stubbornly continued its struggle. I wonder if God ever sees us struggle like this, even though he's provided us with so many ways to escape. He gives us more than we need, including access to his power, if we only have a little faith.
This morning, on my way to school, a large span of clouds caught my eye quickly, and my brain quickly accessed them as a newly developed mountain behind my school. Another look and I quickly reanalyzed the clouds as just that, clouds, but the startling idea that a mountain had formed reminded me of Jesus' teaching: "I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." Matthew 17:20 With just a little faith, we can do the impossible. We are prepared to move mountains.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment