Tuesday, September 1, 2015

September 1: For Good

Sweet Mary Elizabeth, who has been battling cancer for over a year, has taken a turn for the worst. Tonight, her parents, siblings, family and friends are preparing to say goodbye, and though my heart is broken, the song playing in my head is "For Good" from Wicked. The song speaks to the parting of the two ladies and their shared feeling--"because I knew you, I have been changed for good." I cannot think of anything more appropriate to describe my feelings and I'm sure many others' towards Mary Elizabeth. For her entire life and especially in the past year, she has changed so many lives for the better, and though we might not understand why God is taking her now, he is good and his timing is perfect, and we must trust in that. When things don't go our way, we can only trust that God's way is better, and he is for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment