On Thursday afternoon, I was walking around the lake, and I passed my a large group of geese in the water who were cleaning themselves. I've never seen so many geese synchronized in their bath time. Some of them were in the water splashing and others were on the grass drying and picking through their feathers. Of the ones in the water, they were all doing different things to get their entire bodies covered in the water--one was ducking its head up and down to pull the water over it; another was flailing its wings to splash enough water onto its back, and a third kept doing front flips to submerge its topside in the water. I was amazed by the different ways the geese had learned to bathe. However, they all had one thing in common: they needed the water to clean them.
We also need the water to cleanse us. We have each sinned differently, and the way in which we acquire forgiveness from others and ourselves may be different, but the source of purity comes from God. His grace is our water, and we cannot be cleansed without it.
No comments:
Post a Comment