I was driving today and as I glanced up at the sky, I thought to myself, "wow, what a beautiful shade of blue!" Yet as I continued to see it (don't worry, I had my eyes focused on the road!) I realized that the "blue" I was admiring was actually a deep gray cloud and what seemed to be a white fluffy cloud was in fact the pale blue sky peeking outside of the cloud.
It got me thinking: at what point is it beneficial to be fooled that something generally perceived as bad is good and at what point is it harmful? When is it good to look at a negative situation and find the beauty of God's purpose in it versus realizing that this situation could be better and doing something about it? But then, why not both?
I'm a fixer. I find a problem, and I want to solve it.
I am an optimist. I find a problem, and I want to treat it like it's no big deal.
In most everyone's life at one time or another, struggles will appear. There will be times when we are fooled that something is good when in reality we have turned down the wrong path. There will be times when we realize our struggles and submit to drowning in them. These are the extremes. In times of struggle it is important to realize what you're facing and to cherish the opportunity to pursue God in a purposeful manner--make the most of your beautiful blue cloud.
No comments:
Post a Comment