Tuesday, January 17, 2017

January 17: Simple Pursuit


"Simple Pursuit" --Passion
God take us back, the place we began
The simple pursuit of nothing but you
The innocence of a heart in your hands
God take us back, oh God, take us back

To an unswerving faith in the power of your name
A heart beating for your kingdom to reign
A church that is known for your presence again
God take us back

I walked out of the gym this morning and looked across the sky at the sunrise as this song played through my headphones. Simple pursuit. God doesn't ask us for much. He simply asks that in life, we strive for Him, with Him, and through Him.

This song always gets to me. I think many of us recognize that the church is not generally recognized for the love and acceptance of Jesus Christ nor the presence of God, so this song reminds me that it is time for a renewal, "a church that is known for your presence again." As I looked at the students and professors walking to class, most of them slumped over, looking at their phones or staring into the distance, I realized that there are a lot of people around me who don't know God's name, let alone the power of it! This moment transformed my day into a "simple" pursuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment