As I mentioned before, I decided to add a painting to my room, a tree. It's perfect not only because I love nature, but because there are many examples in the bible that compare a tree and its fruit to God and us.
Therefore, the tree residing in my room is no ordinary tree; it is the Tree of Love. Not a destination for you and your "true love", not a tree of heart-shaped leaves, and not a tree producing a love potion as sap; this tree is a reminder. You might recognize it better if it was in the shape of a cross.
Jesus' sacrifice came from God's unconditional and sacrificial love for us; the cross came from the tree, but the tree is still thriving, and I hope that it will yield many more acts of unconditional and sacrificial love through me and others. This week, as the tree and "being devoted to one another in love" was running through my head, I noticed selfless love around me--it sure does make a situation better for everyone involved.
And now, the tree is living in my room, and I hope soon it will be living in my heart and blossoming in actions of unconditional love.

No comments:
Post a Comment