Wednesday, July 22, 2015

July 21: A Cure to Crankiness

A trip to SAMs is all it takes to find a cranky person, and yesterday, my sister and I did just that. In the check out line (where you can always find mass quantities of impatience and tiredness), the cashier was particularly cranky. I'm talking about a typical teenage girl ready to get off work and enjoy her night. She, in my opinion, had put on way too much make up, including fake eye lashes that weighed so much, her eyelids drooped; all that to say, I was quick to judge. I'd already heard her being sassy to another employee, and we'd hesitated getting in her line.

Finally, we'd unloaded our stuff onto the conveyer belt, and even though she'd already presented us with her crankiness and sassiness, I refused to let that get to me, so Catherine and I started a conversation. After talking and being kind and friendly, she seemed in a much better mood, and I can only hope that she passed it on to the people waiting behind us. Nevertheless, I'd say that unconditional kindness is a sure way to make anyone's day better.

No comments:

Post a Comment