Monday, July 6, 2015

July 6: A Life Verse

I've decided to add some paint decorations to my room this week. I decided on a basic design a few days ago, but I want the focus of the wall to be on a "life verse", a bible verse that I want to use to center my life on what really matters: loving God and loving others. I think it will be good to have a short phrase to be able to recall to recenter and refocus my life in moments of need. The question: what will be this "life verse" (at least for the next few years)?

I went through my bible, looking at what I'd tabbed or written down and what really captured my goal to love unconditionally. I ended up in Romans 12, a chapter of the bible that has always stood out to me. Though most of this chapter says exactly what I've been thinking, I narrowed it down to Romans 12:10, "Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another about yourselves." Short and sweet, easy to remember, but difficult to live by--Perfect.

I encourage you to find a "life verse" too. What is your life centered on?

No comments:

Post a Comment