Wednesday, July 22, 2015

July 22: Sign of Love

We had one of those nice brief summer storms today. The clouds came, then the wind, the thunder, the rain. Afterwards, it had cooled off nicely, so I decided to walk my dog. As we started, the sun began to peek out of the clouds, and I began anticipating a rainbow. I kept walking, looking around as I went, excited to see the reminder of God's promises and love but repeatedly disappointed that I couldn't find it.

As I continued, I began to wonder what it would mean if I didn't see one. Does that mean God isn't "renewing" his love? Of course not! He reminded me then that a rainbow is just the most well known symbol of his love when really he is sending us reminders all the time. Just today, I was privileged enough to share God's love to an older woman by helping her in the grocery store. These little reminders may not be as noticeable as a rainbow, but God's love never ends.

Despite my realization, our God (who most certainly has a sense of humor) still gave me a snippet of a rainbow. Just enough to confirm my thoughts.

Another thing about rainbows: they are most easily seen in dark gray sky, rather than light gray or blue. Keep this in mind: the contrast of God's love in darkness makes a bigger impact--we can be that light, that love, in someone's darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment