Tuesday, February 28, 2017

February 21-28: Sluggish

There's not much worse than feeling tired, like really tired, can't-do-anything kind of tired. This past week, I spent several days sick in that state of extreme tiredness. It stunk. But now, the days of sickness are behind me; I feel great! In fact, I feel even better than I did before getting sick! It's all a game of comparison--because of the change, I recognize how much greater I feel. I suppose that this is a good example of taking something for granted. I wonder how much else I've taken for granted. Take it back even to the big stuff, like God's love and grace. Immediately after accepting salvation, it's amazing. I noticed new freedom and light in every day, but it gradually fades. And though I absolutely never hope that my faith is stripped away or lost, I consider how much more I might appreciate it after understanding what it is like not having it. Just considering that makes me more grateful. God is good, REALLY good; that's not something to be taken for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment