Tuesday, February 14, 2017

February 14: Love *surprise!*

The speaker tonight at CCF reminded me of what love really is. Love is not a feeling or an adjective or a noun; it is a verb. That's cliche, I know, but the way he presented it tonight really clicked. You can love without "feeling it." Being nice and loving are not the same thing. That being said, there's a boundary; you can't be mean to someone and consider that love, but sometimes, love is hard. It might not be what you want to do or what makes you feel good. He encouraged us to approach relationships with an attitude of "what can I give?" rather than "what can I receive?" Specifically, in terms of marriage, approaching your potential spouse as "how can I give to him/her for the rest of my life?" It has refreshed my perspective of love. It is so much more than a heart in a text message or an act of kindness; it's a way of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment