Monday, February 13, 2017

February 13: Is that...the moon?

Tonight I walked outside to go get my laundry, and I saw this bright light in the middle of the horizon (which is filled with skyscrapers, construction cranes, and other downtown Atlanta buildings). At first, I was stunned by this big shining light. It was huge! Then it occurred to me, there's a building with glass windows, reflecting the moon!

I glanced behind me, over my shoulder. No moon. Wait... is that the actual moon then? I stood there in disbelief. It just didn't seem to fit in there. One of my friends was also in the courtyard staring at this ball of light. She said the same thing had happened to her--utter disbelief. We stood there for a minute, silent. Such a beauty of nature, so low in the horizon that it should be covered by buildings, but it wasn't. It was perfectly placed, shining through the night.

It makes me wonder how many times I've overlooked or disbelieved God's perfect, shining presence in my life because he wasn't where I expected him to be. Like a huge, shining moon in the darkness, in plain sight, yet easy to miss because of its unexpected presence. Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment