Tuesday, February 7, 2017

February 6-7: Sunrise

A few weeks ago, I spent the night at a retreat center with CCF. I woke up early the following morning and went for a walk to watch the sunrise. To my disappointment, there was no sun to be seen, just a gray sky that got lighter and lighter.

Yesterday morning, I woke up, and it was dark. Yes! I haven't missed the sunrise! So I got out of bed, got dressed and began to walk to the recreation center. I got outside and my first thought was, "darn. It's cloudy--just gonna be a gray sky like that other time." I got on the spin machine in the gym and a few minutes into working out, I turned to look right, out the window, when I saw the BEAUTIFUL vibrant red sunrise. The entire sky was different shades of red, orange, and pink. I glanced away, and within a minute, the sky was gray. That was it. I had my few seconds to catch my glimpse. After that it was only memory and appreciation for the beauty.

This morning, cloudy again, but the light was reflecting off the little clouds, making them look like light pink cotton candy. Beautiful! I love sunrises, and both these mornings, God has used them as a reminder of his presence and the way he shines through all conditions, whether cloudy or clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment