Sunday, February 5, 2017

February 3-5: Zoom Out

God has a perfect plan. He assured me of that this weekend. I don't know whether to believe that everything happens for a reason or if God makes a reason for everything that happens, but it's clear to me that it must be one of those.

Specifically:

  • Over less than two years, I went from starting a conversation with a random girl at church to befriending her and her twin sisters to getting them involved at church to walking beside her in difficult family circumstances to leading her through confirmation and to her acceptance of Christ to walking with her through a fight with cancer to now this weekend, spending time with her sister and leading her to personal salvation through Christ. I remember I almost left that Sunday night, two years ago, without speaking to her...starting that conversation was one of the best decisions of my life. 
  • Last night, I bowed my head and closed my eyes in prayer for the formation of friendships and the opening up of cliques in the youth group. Immediately, God reaffirmed his faithfulness; I looked up and saw that the mass of kids worshipping had wrapped their arms around each other, forming a bonded circle. 
Those are the highlights. I'm sure I'm blind to many more of the ways in which God is working right now, but I am grateful in advance. 


No comments:

Post a Comment