As I've mentioned before, I organize my tasks in a detailed to-do list app. I have become dependent on this for my "what's next?" when it comes to homework and responsibilities, but I have realized that may dependency on those check-boxes has resulted in my list-like lifestyle. Did I wake up? check. Did I brush my teeth? check. Did I do my devotional? check. Sometimes it seems to become, Did I spend time with people? check. Did I complete the list of requirements for the day? check?
There's a reason we don't measure the length of a day by the number of tasks we complete. We measure it by it's time. A day is 24 hours. Period. Regardless of if we spend all day in bed or if we don't rest for a minute. What we are able to get done in 24 hours isn't what defines a day. It's the experiences during those 24 hours that are meaningful. A check-list life isn't how we should operate. God has bigger plans for us than what can fit on a check-list; so tomorrow, those 24 hours (well, actually 25), will be filled with experiences, not check-boxes.
No comments:
Post a Comment