Wednesday, October 14, 2015

October 14: Call and Response

Today, I was volunteering in a kindergarten class simply by helping where needed. I enjoyed watching the teacher command control of her class with call and responses: she'd simply say a phrase and the class would produce their response in unison and be quiet. I was amazed. They became little obedient robots (though I assure you, they still had plenty of unique personalities). Needless to say, these calls and responses were very effective in getting the focus of all the children. It makes me wonder about God's use of calls and responses. Are there areas in my life that I can easily recognize as God's call and have enough experience or knowledge to respond as he wants? Are there times when I am distracted and need a call from him to get back on the right path? Yes and yes. I know God calls me back when I wander away, but I need to work on responding as he wants.

No comments:

Post a Comment