Monday, March 20, 2017

March 20: Whose Team?

Today was a beautiful day! It is the first day of spring, and for once, the weather actually agreed. I had the chance to go for a bike ride in the beautiful weather. I put on my Georgia Tech kit and was off--flying through the neighborhood and down by the river.

A few minutes into my ride, I realized that I was representing Georgia Tech. People would pass me and know I'm from Tech, and depending on my behavior, they may form a certain opinion about Georgia Tech. Suddenly, the pressure was on to go fast as well as follow every traffic law and not be stupid.

Then I got to thinking--whose team am I on in life? Who am I representing? And how are my actions creating good/bad impressions? Of course, I am (or should be) representing Christ--after all, I call myself a Christian. How then, should I modify my behavior to best represent Him? That's a lot of pressure--the last thing I want is to do something that puts a bad impression on Jesus.

It's not meant to be stressful, but certainly something to take into consideration as I go about my life, my decisions, my actions: am I providing a good impression of Christ and his love? Hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment