Wednesday, March 15, 2017

March 14-15: Sunshine!

After a long, dark, rainy/sleety/snowy winter of just under 100 hours, the sun appeared today! And it was glorious! I was almost as giddy over seeing and feeling sunlight as I was last night amidst the downpour of snow, the Georgia blizzard of March 2017. I'm being slightly sarcastic, but my point is that the weather these past few days has really connected by to God--no joke.

It has been cold. REALLY cold. After not having much of a winter and enjoying 70+ degree temperatures over the past few weeks, the sudden cold hit hard, and it was gray for days. Last night, to my great surprise and excitement, it snowed! It reminded me of how God can throw in some humor and light, even when a situation feels miserable or hopeless.

Then, this morning, the sun was out! The light was so bright and it was reflecting off of all the buildings. I realized how much I'd missed it, and it occurred to me that really, the sun didn't go away; it was simply obscured by clouds or we were on the wrong side of the planet. It had been there, shining, the whole time.

I think God is the same way. He continues to shine all the time. Sometimes, we are facing the wrong way, and all we see is the darkness of night, maybe a star or possible the moon remind us that there is still light. Other times, clouds crowd the sky and block the sun; distractions get in our way, and God's light seems less present. But He is ALWAYS there. And if you ever find yourself in the night or on a cloudy day, just remember that the sunrise is coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment