Saturday, March 18, 2017

March 18: We Are Family

I went to the zoo today, and the gorillas put on quite the show for us! They were busy doing very human-like things--playing tag, throwing dirt, wrestling, sitting, teasing each other, etc. They gathered a great audience of people, hooked to the action.

One had been running around, getting chased by another, and then jumped up onto his mother/into her lap to hide from the gorillas that had been chasing him. Everyone watching responded with something along the lines of, "awwww, he went to his mama." Even the little kids spoke up, "look Mommy, the gorilla went to his mommy."

In that moment I saw the ties among people; we all knew what it is like to run to our mothers. There were many people in that crowd; many from different walks of life, different countries, at different ages, but we all shared that. I think it is beautiful to see all God-breathed life and the way he has made us so similar, yet unique individuals too!

No comments:

Post a Comment