Today, as I think back about the weekend, I recognize God in my college leader. She has enthusiasm that is contagious, and when she expresses her passion for God (or for math jokes), she is unstoppable. I have been blessed to spend time with her this weekend and to grow in my faith and my relationship with God--the Lion, the Lamb, the Son, the Father, the Alpha, the Omega, the King of Kings, the Lord of Lords, the Healer, the Teacher, the Lover, the Shepherd, Abba, and the many dimensions I still have yet to discover.
Sunday, February 1, 2015
January 30 - February 1: AYL
God is BIG. That is something that has been stuck in my head during this weekend. I was at AYL, an in town church retreat, and this year we learned about fame, particularly making Him famous. I've seen God in many places. Friday night, he was present in pots, clay pots. In small group, we read all 9 verses in the bible that are about pots after creating the analogy that we are pots and God is the potter. There are many elements of this analogy that are significant. 1) As pots ourselves, we have no right to judge the other pots, for we are not the creator. 2) Each pot was made by hand, and if the potter hadn't liked his creation, he would've molded it into something different. Who knew there was so much disguised in a pot?
On Saturday, we served the homeless through 7 Bridges. Throughout that experience, I saw God in the leaders who are so passionate about their work as well as in the joyful sons and daughters of Christ who are unable to live in a permanent shelter. Despite what we would consider poverty, they rejoice in God's name. They make Him famous because they have no possessions to worship.

Today, as I think back about the weekend, I recognize God in my college leader. She has enthusiasm that is contagious, and when she expresses her passion for God (or for math jokes), she is unstoppable. I have been blessed to spend time with her this weekend and to grow in my faith and my relationship with God--the Lion, the Lamb, the Son, the Father, the Alpha, the Omega, the King of Kings, the Lord of Lords, the Healer, the Teacher, the Lover, the Shepherd, Abba, and the many dimensions I still have yet to discover.
Today, as I think back about the weekend, I recognize God in my college leader. She has enthusiasm that is contagious, and when she expresses her passion for God (or for math jokes), she is unstoppable. I have been blessed to spend time with her this weekend and to grow in my faith and my relationship with God--the Lion, the Lamb, the Son, the Father, the Alpha, the Omega, the King of Kings, the Lord of Lords, the Healer, the Teacher, the Lover, the Shepherd, Abba, and the many dimensions I still have yet to discover.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment