We love attention. It's something we crave. We desire to be noticed, and when we are noticed, we feel successful. Today, I had the privilege of seeing the difference it makes to people when you notice them.
1) At a meeting this morning, we recognized our advisor and celebrated her birthday by surprising her with a decorated classroom, cake, and a card. She loved it! She cried happy tears and smiled, laughed, and played all day long.
2) Today is Mary Elizabeth Paris's birthday. Every time I unlocked my phone, I saw between 10-15 Facebook notifications of people recognizing her birthday.
3) After choir today, I watched my friend compliment one of the directors. You could see her face and her mood light up!
4) I sent thank you notes to several important people for all they did to help with AYL, and I heard from one of them today about how much it meant to them.
We like being recognized by others, but don't forget that we should strive to make our recognition, His recognition.
No comments:
Post a Comment