Thursday, February 19, 2015

February 19: Giving Even When Your Pockets Are Empty

Today, God spoke to me through the testimony of a homeless woman. She called into the Fish radio station and donated to rescue an orphan in Africa. She had nothing and yet still gave everything. Meanwhile, I'm sitting over here thinking about how I can't give a small percent of my money because I might "need" it. That's lame. So I didn't let my excuses get to me, but I donated, and even now, I still have plenty of money, food, shelter, and care. I am grateful for everything and everyone in my life. I am blessed by amazing small group leaders who support me in all I am. I have enjoyed being surrounded by friends who are funny and encouraging as we prepare for opening night. I am so blessed. Thank you, God!

No comments:

Post a Comment